The Spa at Red Hots Custom Spray Tan
At The Spa at Red Hots, we provide you with all of the services that you could need to achieve the best spray tan on Long Island. We offer a variety of airbrush tanning services at our Long Island spa, including:
- Full Body Airbrush Tanning: With a full-body airbrush tan, you will look as if you have been kissed by the sun, from head-to-toe. Our airbrush technicians completely customize this service to ensure that you look your absolute best. Your best features will be accentuated, and your imperfections will be hidden, including cellulite and spider veins.
- Half Body Airbrush: Don’t need or want to have your entire body tan? With our half body airbrush tan, you can choose to have either the top half (from the waist up) or the bottom half (from the waist down) tanned with this contoured and detailed airbrushing service.
- Face and Décolleté: Do you have an upcoming special event, or do you just want to achieve a healthy and radiant glow on the parts of your body that are seen the most? If so, then our face and décolleté airbrush tan are exactly what you are looking for. Our expert airbrush tanners will highlight the best features of your face and accent your décolleté, making you look and feel your absolute best.
Choose the spray tan option that best suits your needs! We can consult with you about the variety of options and their subsequent benefits.
Looking for a golden tan but don’t want the UV? Look no further. It’s the hottest thing in sunless tanning! Get an even streak-free sunless tan in minutes! Whether its facial color, body sculpting or touch-ups you crave, airbrush is the answer. Our talented Airbrush artists will custom blend your hue to perfectly compliment your skin tone. With our all-natural vanilla scented and aloe-based solution and our turbo fast-drying airbrush applicator, a gorgeous healthy glow is easy and worry-free. Our solutions are custom made for Red Hots Spa with the highest quality ingredients and the best selection of shades from just a hint of color to deep dark and everything in between. Let our 10 years of airbrush expertise work for you!
- Full Body $48
- Sun Kissed Face & Neck $15
- Upper or Lower Half Body $30
- Series of Six (6) Full Body Airbrushes $225
Red Hot Rapid Solution: For all our time-pressed airbrush enthusiasts, the wait is over! Our Red Hot Rapid Airbrush Solution is here. DEVELOPS IN ONLY 2 HOURS!! Have a party tonight and forgot to get airbrushed, no problem! Gorgeous golden color in 2 hours, who could ask for anything more? Full Body $55 / Upper or Lower Half Body $35 / Face & Neck $20
Unlimited Airbrush Package: We don’t know why a great tan makes you look fabulous, it just does! So why not look fabulous all year round with your new Red Hottie UNLIMITED Airbrush Tanning Membership. Anytime you need a fix for your airbrush addiction, you can pop in as often as you need to keep your glow perfect. $125/month eft
The Ultimate Airbrush A warm salt scrub before your airbrush tan ensures perfect application and a longer-lasting glow every time! 50min $95
The DO’s & DON’Ts
It is completely imperative that all of our clients know how to prepare for their Airbrush Tan in order to achieve optimum results.
IMPORTANT: Appointments are only 15 minutes long, so it is critical that you are on time or early for your appointment! Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time so you can remove any leftover makeup or deodorant and use the restroom if needed.
- DO exfoliate within 24 hours of getting a spray tan to ensure an even application. THIS IS A MUST! Exfoliation sloughs away the dead skin cells, which will help achieve the longest-lasting tan possible. A good exfoliation means the difference between getting too dark and having a “to die for” glow! Use a water-based exfoliating scrub rather than an oil-based one. Oils may interfere with the spray tanning solution from developing properly. You can exfoliate yourself or, better yet, let our experts work their magic. It’s our ULTIMATE AIRBRUSH! Our skin techs are specially trained to scrub and rub until your scaly, patchy and uneven skin is a thing of the past.
- DO shave or wax the evening before your spray tan session. If you shave after you get your spray tan, it will exfoliate the skin and affect the tanning results. Waxing after an airbrush tan will COMPLETELY remove the color. We also recommend doing manicures & pedicures first as you cannot get wet or use lotions/creams directly following a spray tan.
- DO wear dark, loose-fitting clothes. Tight-fitting jeans or leggings may absorb too much tanning solution and may cause streaks on your legs. If you take your bra off when you get sprayed, we recommend leaving it off for as long as you can after your spray tan. Sports bras are NOT recommended to wear after your tan. If you have to put a bra on, we recommend wearing a strapless bra or tucking the bra straps in. NOTE: We suggest that you do not wear shorts as your color may rub off when you sit down. If you do wear shorts, bring a towel to sit on in your car and protect your leather car seats!
- DO wear a swimsuit, thong or underwear (no, you don’t have to wear anything if you don’t want to) – whatever makes you feel comfortable. We will provide disposable underwear and a shower cap for you.
- DO Stay Dry!! Your color needs time to brew. When you take your first shower, stand under the water until it runs clear. That is how you will know that all the bronzer is rinsed off of your skin. You may then shower as normal but be sure not to use any soaps with alcohol and no scrubs! Gentle soaps ONLY! We also recommend holding off on the gym… perspiration will also remove color.
- DO moisturize daily with Gorgeous bronzing silkTan Extender Lotion. Moisturizing your tan is a very important part of keeping your tan looking great and lasting longer. Dry skin will flake and so will your color! Our bronzing silk extender has DHA in the lotion which will not only maintain your color but make it last days longer.
PLEASE NOTE: Don’t be surprised if you aren’t as tan as you hoped you would be immediately after your airbrush tanning session. It can take anywhere from 6 to 10 hours (depending on which solution you used) for your tanning solution to develop fully. Also, the sooner you wash it off, the less of a tan you will achieve. The color on your skin directly following an airbrush treatment is a “cosmetic bronzer”, just a guide color that shows that a spot has been covered. Your real color will develop in 8 hours so be sure not to sweat or get wet during that time.
The Do Not’s:
- DO NOT use ANY TOPICAL ACNE MEDICATIONS at least 7 days prior to your airbrush tan. Here’s why…the most popular ingredients in acne medications are benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. These 2 acne killers both exfoliate and bleach your skin. If used BEFORE a spray tan, these acids will soak up excess oil and dry your skin causing it to flake which, in turn, will flake off your gorgeous glow. Using these acids AFTER your spray tan will both bleach and exfoliate the areas you apply it to leaving you with white patches! If you have used topical medications within the 7 day period we HIGHLY recommend not airbrushing any areas (i.e. face, neck, back) where it has been applied. Use a powdered bronzer instead.
- DO NOT airbrush over sunburned or peeling skin. If you have a sunburn, you MUST let your technician know. We cannot airbrush over peeling skin. When your skin peels off, your airbrush will come off with it.
- DO NOT apply any moisturizer, deodorant, perfume or other beauty products before your tanning appointment. They may also inhibit the quality of your tan. Dry skin tans best!
- DO NOT wear any jewelry or makeup to your tanning session. Pull your hair up and off your face and neck. Make sure your hair is dry! If it is wet or damp, please leave your hair up so it doesn’t touch your skin post-airbrush.
- DO NOT exfoliate with loofas, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads UNTIL YOUR TAN STARTS TO FADE.
- DO NOT airbrush over OLD SPRAY TAN. If you have been airbrushed within two weeks of getting a fresh glow, you must fully exfoliate the old solution off before you can get airbrushed again. Spray tanning over old solution will cause dark spots, overspray, and your new spray tan to flake off with the old. All around a messy disaster! Start with a clean slate!
- DO NOT come in contact with leather, silk, and cashmere, the airbrush will stain these fabrics so stay away from them during those first 8 hours before you shower off the initial spray application.
Spray Tan Appointments
Red Hots Spa has years of experience in the day spa industry and provides people across Long Island and Nassau Country with safe and reliable spray tan options. For more information about our spray tan and airbrush tanning services, please contact us today. The number to call is 516-484-8267. We will gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding this type of tanning. We can provide you with a free consultation to go over the various aspects of this sort of service.